Working as a teacher & developer at Codaisseur includes:
Teaching and preparing classroom lectures to our students, and improving them based on feedback;
Creating teaching materials to reach learning goals in our students;
Evaluating students on homework assignments, mentor them, and - if necessary - select them out of the program;
Developing software to support, automate, and improve the learning and teaching environments, using the technologies you also teach.
Please note: Prior experience in education is not necessary; we can train you on the job.
The Job Offer includes:
- An inspiring work place in the South of Amsterdam (Tripolis buildings, Zuidas) with sitting/standing desks, 4K monitors, and a new MacBook Pro;
- Classrooms with modern equipment and tools;
- 12 passionate and skilled colleagues in teaching, web development, and other areas;
- An inspiring environment where we promote and value life-long learning and continuous improvement;
- Full coverage of travel expenses, no matter where you live in The Netherlands;
- Free lunch (if there is such a thing :), tea, and coffee;
- A competitive salary (€40-60K per year);
- 25 Vacation days per year
- €1K Budget for training and/or conferences plus the time off to attend them;
- Permanent contract plus stock options within 2 years;
- Anything else we may agree to: feel free to discuss your needs and preferences.
Not for you, but do you know someone who might be interested? Please share ❤️
(unless you're a recruiter, then please know that we don't appreciate your unsolicited services).
We expect from you:
- Willing to take a 4h assignment plus a trial day in front of students;
- Experience in web development;
- Experience with Redux or similar;
- Experience with data modeling for relational databases (we use Postgres specifically);
- Ideally some experience with teaching, coaching and/or public speaking, but we can train you on the job too;
- Fluent in English (important one: all of our courses are taught in English!);
- Experience with DevOps, CI, and Infrastructure Architecture is a plus (Docker, Kubernetes, frequently used AWS services, GKE, Microservices);
- Experience with some newer or more advanced topics such as GraphQL, AI/Machine Learning, UX Design, SCRUM/Agile, Data Science are a plus;
- Experience with a few other languages is considered a good sign;
- A curious mind, and a tendency to continuously wanting to improve the things around you.
You know, ideally. If you are passionate about this, but you don't check all these boxes in experience, we might still hit it off! So don't hesitate to try anyways. :)